Adelhelm LubriCoat NA, is here to help make your O-Rings great again,
by offering one of our functional coatings specifically designed to meet your specifications.What are your needs?
Functional Elastomer O-Ring Coatings to Boost Service Life, Performance and Safety
We apply functional coatings to O-Rings made from EPDM, NBR, HNBR, VAC, Viton, silicone and other elastomers using:
- Cutting-edge developments in adcoat® anti-friction coatings
- Latest application techniques
- Expertise of our dedicated engineering staff
Coatings diminish the coefficient of friction, reducing wear rate and lengthening service life, without changing O-Rings’ beneficial properties like flexibility. Coated O-Rings also resist degradation from many types of chemicals.
Tailored to your application
We select coating material, either PTFE-, silicone- or nanocomposite-based, and application technique based on your specific needs.
Based on the selected coating and application method, you can achieve a specific coefficient of friction, layer thickness and even color. Coatings can also be custom made to meet FDA requirements for applications involving contact with food and drinking water.
Coating methods, depending on the dimensions and quantity, can range from manual spray to a fully automated O-Ring coatings systems.
We can also provide bulk coating for large quantities of elastomer O-Rings quickly and economically by using specially developed processes for achieving a higher and uniform coating build-up with minimal part abrasion.
contact Adelhelm LubriCoat NA with your application needs.Send us a Request
Plasma pre-treatment boosts adhesion
We use low-pressure (vacuum) and/or atmospheric pressure plasmas to pre-treat elastomer O-Rings prior to coating. These processes clean surfaces and chemically activates them. Our plasma process can also be used on plastic and other material – not just O-Rings.
Benefits of O-rings coatings
- Provides excellent wear protection and extends service life
- Reduces system malfunction risk with non binding for easy sorting
- Decreases insertion force with automatic placement
- Provides consistent insertion force for automatic positioning
- No reduction to O-Ring flexibility
- Eliminates the need for grease or oil application, decreasing costs and reducing adverse environmental impacts
- O-Ring optimized colored coatings eliminate claim costs and speeds up production by making different O-Ring types instantly recognizable by color
- Makes O-Rings meet FDA approval for safe food contact
- Provides O-Rings with NSF approval for water contact
- Greatly increases resistance to many chemicals
- Klüber Lubrication
- PPG (Whitford)
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR)